Monday, December 21, 2009

I'm not allowed to dance ...

I was able to get on for a lil bit more but seeing as we have not a p day today because of Christmas we have some appts and so I cant write you all a whole lot about the week but i can say it went fast!
Elder Ika is from Tonga, its tight, he is a good guy and has a heart of gold, he grew up in Tonga but has lived in the US for a few years and he lives in Oakland Califorina! (anyone remember the riots?...it was because the Tongans ate all the food that there was...haha jk) but yes it is true that Elder Ika eats more than Elder Velàzquez eats...that is a feat! but his parents are in Tonga for the holidays so that is why I still am not sure when I am going to be calling you because we don’t know how or when he is going to be calling his family over there.
It was a good week...saturday we had a Christmas party and it was sweet...and like hispanics always do after the dinner they had a dance and it was sweet cus we got the marañons to go and dance(Brother Marañon doesn’t like to dance but Ella does...) and so we pushed his shortness right out there in the middle of everyone and they ended up having a good time...there were a few people who asked me to dance (investigators) but I told her that we cant dance as missionaries...and Elder Ika came up to me telling me that they went to ask him if I could to make sure I wasn’t lying...haha...
The Ortega family brought 7 investigators to the Christmas dinner and it was sweet because one of the families they brought asked a bunch of questions...and were going to be planning with the Ortegas today to do a Secret Santa to one of the families because they’re in need (don’t send more money its already taken care of). Brother Marañon wants to get baptized the 26th but Sister Marañon isn’t sure she is here and there with the whole idea...she straight up confuses me...but I think its just the fact that she has been catholic for years and years and is a lil bit scared to change from that...but she loves church, she has learned a ton and is always the one who is reading...there studs. but that leap of faith is kickin her butt right now...but Brother Ortega has a plan! haha...at least he says he does...I don’t know what it is though...haha.
We’re workin hard and well talk to you soon but I g2g because we have an appt here in a few min. ill give you a call on your cell in the morning and let you know when were going to call. I love you guys tons and pray for you all.
tell Grandma Richardson I love her and grandpa too and that they have a merry Navidad!
love
Elder Richardson

No comments: