Sunday, August 9, 2009

Faith in the face of adversity ...

[NOTE from Dad: Sorry I've been slow getting these last letters posted.]
Well...that is great news piled on top of the great things that just happened here!...gosh I am just going to die of happiness from all the great news that is going around...
well so you all know, Elder Jensen got the call...his visa arrived friday and he left about 3 hours ago to Resistencia Argentina. he is going to have a 12 hour flight to Buenas Aires and then a 12 hour bus ride to Resestencia in the middle of the jungle...
the missionaries over there all have machetes and wear big 8 inch waterproof boots.haha...but Elder Alvarez and i have now gone into a depression...no not really but Elder Jensen is a baller and we are going to miss him.
Progression is eternal and we will always get stronger...so if we have problems with something we should look at what were lacking, god knows how to get our attention, and also how to get that and the attention of others. I love you guys, god got my attention and I am going to say an extra prayer for you every day and make it a very special one for you, I know without a doubt that you have the faith and reliance in the lord. miracles will be wrought upon those who use their faith.
I also know Satan hates faith, but that doesn’t matter to me because I have it and know what it brings. and I know a man with a athletic heart will be ok. haha...tal vez first in the triathlaon. haha.
this last week was hard...and even harder with the time because at the end of the week we had to go and run errands for Elder Jensen. but after all the Lord showed us a miracle. Fatima who has had work but wanted to go to church on Sunday for some crazy reason and was able to go to church on Sunday because she was workin at night! it was ballin! so she and the whole family Ruiz went to church and she liked it a ton. the Ruiz family is also getting so dang strong, I truly do love those guys, Brother Ruiz went from drinkin and hadn’t of gone to church in over a year to stopping drinking and helping be and example for his uncle to stop(who is takin the lessons, se llama Rodolfo) and now is trying to see if he can come out with us on exchanges. he is going to help us teach his uncle.
there are a lot of great things happening through all the trials, Moises who is the husband to Lourdes and was getting ready for baptism moved to Memphis because he has had no work...that was hecka frustrating...but good news is that he too wants to get with the missionaries over there and go to church over there...
your prayers are really helping, I really love you guys and I would be scared what would happen if we didn’t have the prayers from you guys.
I am sorry my letters are always a lil scattered but its cus time is short and I am not very good at the whole typing business still...I kinda just type how I think...which isn’t very clear, especially after I learned Spanish...haha.
I love you guys tons
-elder richardson

No comments: