Monday, August 17, 2009

Rely on the Lord

hey dad could you do something for me and tell Jordan that he is a great football player but I think he is still a big fatty ‘cus i told him he could write me in Portuguese so that he would write something and he still doesn’t write anything...tell him he is a stud though...and Brock and Jared too... Brock can write me in Spanish if he wants... I can have a ladyfriend write him in Spansih if he wants...whatever...
anyways I really got to tell you guys about this...
on Wednesday we had a hectic day but we had an appt with Fatima and not a ton of time until our next appt and we were on bike so we rushed over there and upon arriving there and talkin for no more than 2 min Sis Ruiz told us that Fatima was going to be moving to Mexico...
it was honestly like a "screech stop" moment in a movie, I was like haha...dumb joke Hermana.. and she said "ask her" and i turned to Fatima and said "tell me she is a liar...you can’t go to mexico, you’re just flat out not allowed" and she said it was true...she only has work on the weekends and it isn’t enough...she hasn’t been able to get any work anywhere else because they ask for SSN# or that they speak english and so she hasn’t found anything else and said that if she didn’t find work before the end of the month her dad (who is in MX) told her to go there so she could be with him... I told her "heck no you can’t go to Mexico and were going to teach you english...your first line is... I am not going to Mexico"and I wrote it on a pass-a-long card and gave it to her ...when they found out what I taught them to say they laughed...but we had to get going at this point and so we left to our next appt.
well...we got there and the person wasn’t there....and honestly I was pretty dang frustrated and while we waited to see if our appt was going to show was talkin to Elder Alvarez about the fun luck we have been gettin...but that we were going to find work because the Lord wants her to stay and be baptized and not leave like Benedito and Moises. well it just so happened that the appt came up then and she is a member and we talked to her for a bit as she said her sorries and vented about how she has a crappy work crew who just put down hours but not actual work and she is just to nice to really be a business lady... I shared with her about Jeff Port and how if I did a crappy job he told me even though they’re friends of the family and how I am thankful for it cus it kept my fat nalgas(butt) movin and that (because we need to relate everything to the gospel) that we cant throw our pearls before swine...anyways we tried to sneek in there that we have a friend that needs work and it was shot down very quickly cus she has heard so many ppl tell her that there good workers and they weren’t and she didn’t need more problems...we didn’t push it at all and we talked with her about some stuff and right as we were leaving she stopped and looked at us and said ...who was that that needed work? and we told her Fatima and she remembered meeting her in church and said that she liked her and that she was going to give her a try and on Friday she could start workin.
we were straight up stoked!
on our way back to Fatima’s (because we had to go tell her the good news) I fought with a dog and that was cool and we rode our bikes so fast that by the time we got to her house we didn’t even have the breath to tell her what happened...and finally we told her "we just had a miracle" and they laughed at me cus they think I am a big jokester or something and then looked at Alvarez for the confirmation...and it was confirmed...and right then came in Sister Ruiz's brother in law and his family just in time for us to tell her what happened...
it was soooo sweet, the lord dosn’t want her to leave and we told her she needs to be a hard worker(which she really already is) and as everyone was talkin in the kitchen she picked up her lil girl and told her “we got work baby! !e got work tell the missionarys thank you”, it was soooooo sweet!

I want you all to know to rely on the Lord, I really do know that he helps us with everything.

No comments: